Pursuit of Justice: The Raymond Lee Jennings Case

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Discuss The Case > Surprised and Shocked

Terry

I joined this site after seeing the Dateline Program that was re-run recently this year (2015). I was shocked that someone could be convicted with no evidence against them. It really made me angry and afraid. Maybe, if I were in a similar situation were someone was killed, I also might be convicted. I do not believe that Ray is guilt of this crime and I think "but by the grace of God, there go I. Did anyone else feel the same way?  

--
June 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr OBrien
I live in the AV. This IS horrifying. So yes.I feel shocked and afraid. This injustice is deafening!
June 13, 2015 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry

Yep... it is unbelievable. I cannot believe that the jurors were willing to send a man away for almost all of his life without any evidence linking him to the crime. What about reasonable doubt?   

--
June 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Todd Karutz

Terry at June 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM

I joined this site after seeing the Dateline Program that was re-run recently this year (2015). I was shocked that someone could be convicted with no evidence against them. It really made me angry and afraid. Maybe, if I were in a similar situation were someone was killed, I also might be convicted. I do not believe that Ray is guilt of this crime and I think "but by the grace of God, there go I. Did anyone else feel the same way?  

Yes

Ive been following this case for awhile and completely agree with you. No Evidence, No Motive, No Criminal Record. It is a HUGE miscarriage of justice. People should be outraged and afraid that this could happen to someone.

June 15, 2015 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry

You are right.  Too often ordinary people are wrongly convicted.  Many times it is because they don't have the financial resources to defend themselves.  Look at the case of Kevin Lee Green.  He spent 16 years in jail for a crime he did not commit.  Finally, an inmate confessed to the crime of brutally beating and raping his (Green's) wife. He had beaten and raped others.  DNA confirmed his confession.

Sometimes the truth is not revealed until many years have passed and only if someone else confesses and it can be verified.  I honestly hope that Ray can be released because there is absolutely no evidence against him. 

We need to understand "Reasonable Doubt" better and not be in a hurry to convict someone when there is no evidence that links that person to the crime. 

--
June 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.