Pursuit of Justice: The Raymond Lee Jennings Case

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Discuss The Case > Gun

Todd Karutz

Why wasnt more attention paid to the fact that no gun was found? Once they couldnt connect Ray to ever owning the kind of firearm used in the murder,the case against him should have stopped there.

April 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

errol.brown44
Site Owner

Todd,

Yes, that was one of many places it should have stopped. No GSR, no blood spatter, excluded by DNA. Heck, The DA refused to prosecute for years due to a lack of evidence! He only changed his mind after the O'Keefe family hounded him for two years and finally brought in their nifty little Powerpoint presentation with snippets of Ray's voluminous statements to police, that the DA finally agreed to prosecute. 

But here's what the DA said when asked by a reporter, why now? Why prosecute now if you never had enough evidence before? Incredibly, Robert Foltz said, “I can't put my finger on precisely what the difference is, but it was clear we had a fileable case.'' He didn't even know what the evidence against Ray was! Yet he filed murder charges.

Rex Parris, the O’Keefe’s attorney, told the same reporter, “We were able to present numerous inconsistent statements that he made. ... I think Jennings talked himself into a jail cell.”

These people went after Ray KNOWING they didn't have enough evidence. 

April 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Todd Karutz

I was also curious as to why Ray doesnt have an attorney. I would think some attorney somewhere would step up and take the case pro bono.  Is there anything anyone can do to help get him an attorney?

April 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

errol.brown44
Site Owner
I have sent Ray's case to several high profile attorneys, but all declined. I am going to start a legal defense for him within the next 3 to 4 weeks. But other than that, his hope of getting a P/B attorney would be either from someone who just steps up to do it or by way of working with the Innocence Project.
--
April 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.